Egg in a Nest
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 3-6 minutes
If you like Scotch Eggs, you'll love this easy version that's perfect for a delightfully easy breakfast, picnic or kids meal!
- 1 beef/lamb sausage per person
- 1 large Organic Larder Biodynamic egg per person
- ml Organic Larder sweet chilli sauce
- 30 ml Organic Larder grated cheddar cheese per person
*Tested in a 900 Watt microwave oven
- Squeeze the meat from a sausage casing, directly into a 9cm diameter ungreased ramekin dish.
- Press the sausage meat evenly on the base and up the sides of the dish.
- Break an egg into each one and prick the yolk.
- Add a spoon of sauce then and finish with a generous layer of grated cheese.
- Cover each dish with cling-film, and microwave as follows:
- For 1 cook for 3- 4 minutes
- For 2 together cook for 5 – 6 minutes
- To cook for a family, cook in batches of 2 together each time for best results.
Hints and Tips
- Serve with crunchy salad of fresh celery sticks and apple slices if used for a luncheon.