Creamy Whole-Wheat Porridge
Prep Time: 2 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Send your family off to school and work with a tummy-full of this warm nourishing porridge that makes a welcome change from the oat based variety.
Ingredients (SERVES: 3)
- 130g Organic Larder whole-wheat flour (Nutty Wheat) (250ml/1 Cup)
- 1ml salt
- 750ml Organic Larder ow fat or full cream milk (3 Cups)
- 15ml Organic Larder soft margarine
- 15ml Organic Larder brown sugar
- Measure the flour and salt into a SPAR Good Living saucepan, and using a wooden spoon, gradually stir in the milk. Warm slowly over medium heat, stirring often, until the milk thickens and the porridge comes to the boil.
- Stir in the margarine and sugar, and serve immediately with honey or syrup drizzled over.
Hints and Tips
- Store whole-wheat flour in an airtight container the fridge or freezer, to extend its shelf life and prevent rancidity.
- A small sliced banana or a spoonful of bottled apple puree with a sprinkling of cinnamon will add interest and nutritional value .